WINTER IS COMING: YAS WINTER FEST TO ENCHANT ABU DHABI
The festive season is here and whether you're hosting and want to wow your guests, need a new recipe up your sleeve for when you’re told ‘not to bring anything’ or just want to add to your festive repertoire, the Kibsons Festive Cook School has you covered!
Stop by to learn a holiday recipe or two and cook along with professional chefs, including ‘The Giggling Gourmet’ Jenny Morris, chef and baker extraordinaire Annika Panikker and Dubai 92 radio host & chef Rich. The best part? Cook School sessions are included free with your ticket - simply register on-site one hour before your desired session.
COOK UP A (SNOW) STORM
We have a sneak peek of what you can expect at the Kibsons Festive Cook School, so make sure you look out for:
- Turkey-wrapped fruity stuffed chicken breast with celebrity chef Jenny Morris
- Festive pancake cake with celebrity chef Jenny Morris
- Holiday smoked salmon prawn terrines
- Christmas French toast with Annika Panikker
- Festive seafood chowder with Dubai 92 radio host & chef Rich
- Festive Tiramisu with Dubai 92 radio host & chef Rich
- Seabass with pomme de terre crust with Dubai 92 radio host & chef Rich
Christmas morning is looking sweet with Jenny’s festive pancake cake, and we can only imagine the warm, spiced flavours of Annika’s Christmas French toast. Rich’s seabass with pomme de terre crust sounds like a lot of compliments will be flowing your way, so be sure to let us know which classes you take at the cook school (and maybe we’ll see you there!).
FOOD TRUCKS FOR ALL TASTES
Prefer to leave the cooking to the experts? There will be goodies galore on offer from food trucks serving up some special holiday items, including some Best Bites favourites!
Keep an eye out for:
- Specially curated holiday deli items from Spinneys
- Gino’s Deli
- Pizza Express
- Al Areesh
- Dunkin’ Donuts
CHALET FUN AT THE ARTISAN VENDORS VILLAGE
An Artisan Vendors Village will also be in full swing, where local producers and brands will sell their goodies and trinkets out of mini chalets for those Christmas market vibes.
Some vendors selling gourmet foods and delicacies include:
- Merika Café - we love their chimney cakes, cones and cosy drinks!
- French Bakery - stop for a warming cup of coffee as you wander through the cosy chalets.
- Casa Pons - look out for the viral hot chocolate, as well as iced chocolates and sweet treats!
- Queen Bee Honey - their premium honey makes a great gift for the foodie in your life.
- Praisethree - we saw their 5-Layer Premium Dreamcakes and our mouths started watering immediately!
- Garrett Popcorn - sweet & savoury offerings - look out for strawberry white caramel crisp and walnut brownie.
- Brooklyn Creamery - frozen delights to match the winter wonderland setting!
WHAT ELSE? PARADES AND SNOW AND SANTA, OH MY!
As well as all the foodie delights, you can unleash the magic at Yas Winter Fest this festive season with 6 different zones, twice-daily parades and a tree lighting each evening at 6.30PM, we know it will provide festive, wintery fun for the whole family.
SNOW PARK: all snow, all the time! Test your skills in the snow fight maze, enjoy a snow play zone and feel a rush on the snow slide.
SANTA LAND: write a letter to Santa, do some craft at Santa’s workshop, make some festive cookies or a gingerbread house, or look out for the man in red himself, as Santa makes special appearances from 4PM.
CARNIVAL: rides for adults and kids, games of skill and the pièce de résistance: a grand carousel for those nostalgic vibes.
KIDS ZONE: the little ones can enjoy activities including an inflatable park, soft play zone and trampoline.
WINTERTAINMENT: enjoy a range of entertainment all weekend long: music, performances, jugglers and magicians will grace the main stage, as well as sing-alongs to your favourite Christmas songs and carols. Elves, fairies, stilt-walkers and Santa will join the parade twice daily through the park.
Please note: kids zone, carnival, Santa Land and snow park have chargeable activities. Snow is artificial, but s(no)w less fun.
Timings: Wednesday 6th, Thursday 7th December | 2-10PM
Friday 8th, Saturday 9th, Sunday 10th December | 12-10PM
Price: Adults AED25/30 | Children AED15/20 (advanced/on the door)
Individual activities and amusements may have additional costs
Contact: Tickets and more details are available here